Wednesday 9 July 2008

Comments

I opened up the comments so people who wanted to say something useful could without signing up to a Google account.

There have been some apparently misinformed comments that have been posted - you will glad to know that I am moderating the comments. If you want to question Don's directing please either post with a Name and Email address or direct the questions directly to Don.

A few quotes from the Comp Handbook 2008

- All gliders of a task group should have the opportunity of a competition launch within one hour. This can normally be achieved by having not more than six gliders per tug.
- Pilots who refuse a launch shall follow the relight procedure. A pilot who is unready for his grid order launch shall be deemed to have refused a launch.
- 19.4. Start open time. The start for each task group will open not less than 10 minutes, plus 1 minute for each 200 feet or part thereof by which the start height exceeds 3,000 feet, after the last competitor in that task group has had the option to launch.

On the other hand if you are a competitor, which I doubt, and know better then please take it up with Don in person ...

1 comment:

Director said...

Thank you for that Tim. As Tim has said my door is seldon shut and I am always willing to discuss issues that competitors have. I see my function not just as an enforcer of the rules but as one of giving every competitor the opportunity to have the best chance to compete. Sometimes events outside my control conspire to make this ideal less than I would like. I am always willing to explain the reasoning behind any decisions I make or directions I give. I would like at this stage to thank all the competitors for their understanding and the way they have approached dealing with things which have concerned them. All the queries have been polite and well made, most I have been able to act on to make, I hope, the situation better.